Osceola Court House
Osceola, Mississippi County, Arkansas
1912 Neoclassical-style structure
Listed in National Register of Historic
Places on December 13, 1978.
To those men from South Mississippi County who gave their lives
in World Wars I & II, Korea, and Southeast Asia
Grider, John McGavock
Shelton, William H.
Segraves, Nelson J.
Robinson, Robert H. Jr.
Hathcock, Lawrence K.
Williams, Bobo J.
Flowers, John J.
Rogers, William F.
Clark, Charles Dewitt
Jones, Charles W.
Raper, Leonard Q.
Jacks, W.T. Jr.
Bowen, Charles C.
Johnson, Everett E.
Ballque, George Jr.
Mitchell, Thomas J.
Hughes, Charles A.
Charles, William A.
Craine, Billie E.
Aven, Billy R.
Anderson, George F.
Sartain, Elliott B. Jr.
Reece, Charles L.
Wills, Robert E.
Webb, Louis A.
Savage, Robert L.
Wood, James E.
Parrish, Charles G.
Lasater, John G.
Wills, Richard F.
Kimble, Cleatus P.
Parrish, Connie W.
McGee, Bolen P.
Beare, Charles H.
Dixon, Tommie J.
Edrington, George Dougls
Jobe, Joe A.
Taylor, D.E. "Rick" III
Malone, Prettice Jr.
Owens, Monroe J.
The County seat of Mississippi County, created in 1833, was
located at Osceola in 1836. Since about 1900 the county has
maintained another court house at Blytheville for the Northern
District. The county was named for the Great River which flows
along its eastern border.
Wouldn't it be fun to look out that window?
1861 - 1865
In Memory of the Confederate
Veterans of Mississippi County
United Daughters of the Confederacy
Elliott Fletcher Chapter - Blytheville, Arkansas
In Memory of
the Honorable William J. Driver
Former Circuit Judge and Congressman, a lifelong citizen of
Osceola, Arkansas, born March 2, 1873, died October 1, 1948.
As a member of the Rivers and Harbors and Flood Control
Committees of the Congress of the United States, he shaped and
by his superb leadership, caused the enactment of laws which
curbed the mighty Mississippi, the St. Francis, and other rivers
of this area and minimized the danger of devastating floods.
Recognized as the foremost authority on drainage and flood
control, he was the St. Francis Basin's most valued citizen.
His life was gentle, and the elements so mixed in him, that
nature might stand up and say to all the world, "This was a
Erected by the people of the St. Francis Basin and the Osecola
Bar Association August 11, 1959 A.D.