- Lonoke County Resources
- Help Save the Historic Roundtop!
- Medal of Honor – George Taylor F. Johnson
- Arkansas Gazette Obituaries
- Marylake Monastery – Grounds
- Port of Pine Bluff
- Marylake Monastery – Inside
- Marylake Monastery – Outside
- Chester, Arkansas
- City of Wichita – John S. Stevens Veterans Park
- Kansas Korean War Memorial – Wichita, Kansas
- Keeper of the Plains Plaza – Wichita, Kansas
- Ponca Theatre – Ponca City, Oklahoma
- Grand Water Fountain
- Ponca City War Memorials – Oklahoma
- Ponca City Hall Centennial Plaza – Part II
- Ponca City Hall – Oklahoma – Part I
- Oklahoma Aquarium – Jenks, Oklahoma
- Underground Salt Museum – Hutchinson, Kansas
- Cosmosphere and Space Center – Hutchinson, Kansas
Tags1914 2012 African American Arkansas Arkansas Gazette Arkansas Railroad Museum Art Camden Catholic Church Cemetery Civil War Confederate Crittenden County Darrell Brown Desmond Walls Allen Event Fort Gibson Fort Smith Genealogy Grant County Museum Historical Marker Historic Arkansas Indian Jacksonville Kay Tatum Little Rock Military Museum Nashville National Register Native American North Little Rock Oklahoma Ouachita County Pulaski County Railroad Saline County Sheridan Tennessee Train Depot Tyronza union United Daughters of the Confederacy website World War II
It is sad to pass this news on, but well-known Arkansas Historian and Genealogy author, James Logan Morgan, was found murdered in his home yesterday. I borrowed this pic from Desmond and the article from KAIT.
NEWPORT, AR (KAIT) – The Newport Police Department was called to the scene of a stabbing Friday around 11:40 a.m.
According to Newport Police, they arrived at 314 Vine Street in Newport where they found 70-year-old James Logan Morgan dead in his home. Morgan had been stabbed multiple times.
Morgan’s body is currently at the Jackson County Coroner’s office and will be transported to the Arkansas State Crime Lab for an autopsy.
At this time, there hasn’t been an arrest and the investigation is ongoing.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is encouraged to contact the Newport Police Department at (870) 523-2722.